St. Joseph's Catholic High School in Barrie is a Catholic school community. As such, we are fundamentally guided by the teachings of Jesus Christ and the values taught in the Gospels. Monsignor James Clair was instrumental in bringing a Catholic high school to Barrie. At our inception in 1946, our little school on Mulcaster Street, located across from the old St. Mary's parish, housed 13 Gr.9 students and 2 teachers, Monsignor Clair and Sister Francis Regis. We moved into our new building on Cundles Road East in 1985. Presently we have 900 students and 90 staff members.